13 December 2021
Agile minded: resource roundup on agile and Scrum
Excited about all-things-agile? Hungry for more? There is a sea of materials available to build or sharpen your agile and Scrum knowledge. Here are some of our top picks to get you started.
This roundup of great resources about agile principles and frameworks, project management, and Scrum methodology will help answer your questions and pique your curiosity. Pick your medium and find a topic below! (Know of something awesome missing from this list? Let us know!)
Are you a Project Manager or Scrum Master, considering a new challenge? Check out our current opportunities!
Agile Resources: Official documents
A great place to start is where it all started. Agile was officially born with the Agile Manifesto, so being familiar with this material gives a solid base for agile growth. Scrum founders Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland also published an official document, the Scrum Guide.
- The Agile Manifesto, official document from the creators, available in many languages
- The Scrum Guide, official document by Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland
Agile Resources: Books
Some of the best learning materials for Agile and Scrum are books by some of the important speakers of the movements. The list of great books is quite long, so we’ve narrowed it down to a few standouts.
Books about Agile
- Agile Estimating and Planning by Mike Cohn
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- Continuous Delivery by Jez Humble and David Farley
Books about Scrum
- Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time by Jeff Sutherland
- User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development by Mike Cohn
- Agile Software Development with Scrum by Ken Schwaber and Mike Beedle
Agile Resources: Podcasts
Podcasts: we all know and love them. Or if you don’t love them yet, you will now. Check out this great sampling of interesting podcasts focused on Agile or Scrum to make sure you have a thought-provoking commute.
Podcasts about Agile
- The Agile Wire hosted by Jeff Bubolz and Jeff Maleski
- The Agile Coaches’ Corner hosted by Dan Neumann (the linked episode references Neumann’s recommended Agile resources!)
- The Agile Atelier hosted by Rahul Bhattacharya
- Agile Amped from SolutionsIQ offers 100’s of interviews with different agile practitioners
- This Agile Life with multiple software engineer and developer hosts
- The Meta-Cast hosted by Bob Galen and Josh Anderson
Podcasts about Scrum
Agile Resources: Webinars and Courses
Maybe you have had some training, or are already a certified Scrum Master. Maybe you are thinking about getting certified. Maybe you’re just curious to learn more, in smaller doses. These online courses, webinars, or video series are just the thing to enrich your agile knowledge.
Webinars and Courses about Agile
- These short courses from Mountain Goat Software cover agile basics and offer further resources
- Short and sweet videos from Collab.net offer concise thoughts on a concrete topic
- Agile Mania offers regular webinars on different agile topics
- The Collab.net webinars focus on varied topics, all with the aim to accelerate enterprise agile
Webinars and Courses about Scrum
Agile Resources: Groups and Forums
Whether you’re just getting started, tackling new complicated projects, or are just looking to help out someone greener, community is king. These are some agile and scrum groups and forums to get your questions answered.
Groups and Forums about Agile
- Agile Alliance is a non-profit dedicated to promoting the concepts of Agile Software Development as outlined in the Agile Manifesto (they also have a great resource section!)
- Stack Overflow has an extensive forum/Q&A section (use the filter) which is especially helpful for implementation and execution questions
- Age of Product’s Agile Slack community is called “Hands-on Agile”
Groups and Forums about Scrum
- Scrum Alliance is a non-profit aiming to transform the workplace through Scrum
- Scrum.org is a great resource with a forum, events, and more
- Scrumhub’s articles offer tips for different Scrum challenges
Are you a Project Manager or Scrum Master, considering a new challenge? Our clients are always offering new and exciting projects in these specialties. Check out our current opportunities, or get in touch!